Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Show some of your Renderings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it would be a fun idea to show some renderings of homes you've designed in Archicad, kind of like a little portfolio or show and tell.

So I'll start with a few:

361 REPLIES 361
Rod Jurich
Contributor
David wrote:
/........ when you consider that it took me nearly seven years to complete. /..........
David, first many thanks for sharing your work, fantastic. Even more so that you completed within our favoured s'ware.

Question, what version did you begin this work and how difficult was it, if at all, to migrate to later versions?

Again fist class demonstration for ArchiCAD, let alone your own skills.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Rakela Raul
Participant
wow david !!
really
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
All this becomes less amazing when you consider that it took me nearly seven years to complete. I actually never intended to take it to such extremes, but the darn thing just turned out to be so interesting.....
Actually, I find it even more of an amazing accomplishment!
Do you think tools such as Objective, or the new shell tool might have helped?
David Collins
Advocate
Rod wrote:
Question, what version did you begin this work and how difficult was it, if at all, to migrate to later versions?
Many thanks for all the kind comments!

The project was started in version 9 and was completed in version 13. It migrated beautifully from one version to the next, primarily because it had its own custom library of objects and textures. The standard ArchiCAD library was always loaded, but I never used any of its objects or textures. Hence, no dots for missing objects and no bewildering messages about older library parts.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
David Collins
Advocate
Don wrote:
Do you think tools such as Objective, or the new shell tool might have helped?
Not so much, actually. The new shell tool is really just a brilliant graphic interface for things that have existed in GDL for years. And one of the first things I learned in GDL was how to add a rotation parameter to an object.

For the most part I was creating polygon, slab and mesh components graphically in ArchiCAD, then dragging-and-dropping them into GDL script. From there it was just a matter of organizing them into sub-scripts, rotating and moving the parts into position and adding variables as needed. You learn how to do most of that in the first 20 pages of the GDL Cookbook.
David Collins

AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Rod Jurich
Contributor
David wrote:
/........ You learn how to do most of that in the
first 20 pages of the GDL Cookbook.
David NC was extremely generous when I first began.
Still one of the best reference books about
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is beautiful work David. Truly inspiring and a fine example of what ArchiCAD and a skilled user is capable of achieving.

The learning opportunities that present itself in taking on such a project (modeling wise alone), is vast... Thank you for sharing.

What version of Artlantis did you use?
David Collins
Advocate
junior wrote:
The learning opportunities that present itself in taking on such a project (modeling wise alone), is vast... What version of Artlantis did you use?
The project had huge educational returns for ArchiCAD, GDL, Photoshop, Artlantis & QuickTime VR, to say nothing of the equivalent of an advanced degree in English Gothic History, Design and Construction. And no student loans, either.

All the rendering was done in Artlantis Studio 2. I've since upgraded thru versions 3 & 4, but it was easier to keep the Fenchurch project in 2.0 rather than rework all the lighting and radiosity settings for the VR panoramas as Abvent fussed with their rendering engine.
David Collins

AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Erika Epstein
Booster
David,
You should be able to recoup some of the cost giving a talk about the making of the video
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Congratulations for a truly amazing and inspiring work, David! And for your patience and stamina too!