BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

failed LightWorks render of custom material

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
I created a new texture for a sandstone block wall, which I saved as a BMP (and later as a TIF) and she looks great in the Internal Engine, but when I try to render in Lightworks it's just black.
I tried adjusting pretty much everything i could think of but all i could manage was making it go completely white or a dark shade of grey.

This is driving me up the virtual wall and I wondered if anyone has a solution to rendering an image file as a texture in Lightworks.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried: In the Material Settings - Change the Preview from Internal Engine to Lightworks - then in the bottom left hand corner hitting the Match with Internal Engine? If you create a new material sometimes the lightworks engine doesn't recognize the material if you place it using the Internal Engine.
Dwight
Newcomer
Landry is right. Material creation must be manually matched between the different rendering methods because LightWorks in an Add-On with different material potentials.

You should review the LightWorks Archive information for shader-based materials that can be saved in archicad.

There's a nice sandstone in there, for instance.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Landry. I went thru that process before I even tried to render, and it didn't do the trick.

And thanks Dwight, I do already appreciate that the two rendering engines aren't fully interchangeable. I just don't know enough of the intricacies of LightWorks to get this one to work.

Also, as nice as the Lightworks Sandstone texture is, it is no good for this particular job. I need to find a way to render my walls to match my image. Is it possible?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok... hold up. The drama is half over. I can render the image almost the way I want.

I had a look at some of the Lightworks material and render settings and tried using similar settings for my file - with a bit of fine tuning I managed.

Just a few size and alignment issues to iron out - leave it with me.

Thanks for the help.
Learn and get certified!