BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Align 3D texture in elevations view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like the ability to align a 3D texture in elevation views. Elevation views are the primary location that I utilize these textures so it only makes sense. In addition it can be more difficult to locate an exact point. This would also allow the possibility of snaping to a placed hot spot.
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
On the same token, make sure the fill and material line up properly with one another so the joints in a tile or masonry pattern match in both elevation and 3D/rendering views (not always the easiest task in the world).
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
On the same token, make sure the fill and material line up properly with one another so the joints in a tile or masonry pattern match in both elevation and 3D/rendering views (not always the easiest task in the world).
I don't understand how everyone cannot vote that this is essential. It is only logical that the texture align with the 3D view and I can't see any logical reason why it shouldn't align.

For everyone that voted that it wasn't necessary, you obviously have never had a situation where you were creating elevations and renderings that needed to match. The day that you do, you will be very disappointed that this isn't automatic or at least intuitive.

For the powers that be, please don't discount the value of texture/material alignment just because certain users don't utilize renderings and sections at the same time. There is no logical reason why these do not automatically correspond to one another.

It would be similar to doors not aligning in 3d and sections with how they are placed in the floor plan. How many users would accept that type of inconsistency?
Anonymous
Not applicable
vincon2 wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
I don't understand how everyone cannot vote that this is essential. It is only logical that the texture align with the 3D view and I can't see any logical reason why it shouldn't align.

For everyone that voted that it wasn't necessary, you obviously have never had a situation where you were creating elevations and renderings that needed to match. The day that you do, you will be very disappointed that this isn't automatic or at least intuitive.

For the powers that be, please don't discount the value of texture/material alignment just because certain users don't utilize renderings and sections at the same time. There is no logical reason why these do not automatically correspond to one another.

It would be similar to doors not aligning in 3d and sections with how they are placed in the floor plan. How many users would accept that type of inconsistency?
My bad on some of my comments. I misread the results when I looked at the number asssigned to the type of feedback and thought that was the number of votes for that category. If anyone votes against this, then my comments will apply.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another issue with vectorial textures relates to the new profile walls. It is a mystery how these elements handle this but invariably they do not line up correctly. Please fix this and make what could be a very powerful tool useable.
Learn and get certified!