BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Elevation Dimension Text

Anonymous
Not applicable
WISH 1 OF 3

On elevation dimensions (using the linear dimension tool), I would like to have a simple text parameter so I can type in a description and still have it be part of the dimension. In the graphic below, the purple text has to be put in by hand. I would rather have it be part of the dimension itself.
7 REPLIES 7
__archiben
Booster
essential - a type-in box that doesn't break the associatively of the dimension . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
wouldn't also be nice to have an automatic display of the 2 levels (finished floor and slab) based on the composite used for the slab?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
jatassoc
Participant
This is something I have missed since moving from AuotoCAD. The ability to add custom text either before or after an associative dimension of any type, without disrupting its associative. The ability for the text to fall below the dimension line was accomplished by adding /X before the text string.
Aussie John
Newcomer
…and ordinary dimensions too. For years the measured dimension has a box next to it for adding extra info but it never has worked. (have to change to custom to get it to work and then it is no longer associative)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
AND TO HAVE A BACKGROUND FILL OPTION
FOR ALL DIMENSIONS TEXT
Anonymous
Not applicable
archibaldo wrote:
AND TO HAVE A BACKGROUND FILL OPTION
FOR ALL DIMENSIONS TEXT
Definitely!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Displaying finished and concrete slab level, could be resolved if we could have layers in a composite hatch beeing dimentioned as well.
Learn and get certified!