BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

subraction with upward extrusion as default

Dave Brach
Advocate
after 11 years of using archicad, I notice that when I use SEO, 99% of the time I am doing "subtraction with upward extrusion. I would love to have a separate button on the toolbar for this, or at the very least change the default SEO from "subtraction" to subtraction with upward extrusion.
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #13019). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is interesting because I have recently done some modeling and most of the time I was using the "Subtraction" operation in the SEO Palette. So, I do not think that setting this setting to one or another option will be universally good for all users.
Maybe the better option would be to have the ability for the user to select one of the options as Default. The choice would be saved with the Work Environment (which contains user-specific choices).

Another way (and maybe the easiest way) to solve this would be for the SEO Dialog to simply remember the last state of the "Choose Operation" field, instead of always reverting back to the "Subtraction" option when you close the Palette.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
LaszloNagy wrote:
Another way (and maybe the easiest way) to solve this would be for the SEO Dialog to simply remember the last state of the "Choose Operation" field, instead of always reverting back to the "Subtraction" option when you close the Palette.
I would like that solution 
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #13019). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!