cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Ability to make markers (section, elevation, etc.) "display only"

Chris H
Contributor

I have "utility sections" that I like to move around the project while I'm working. I made them a bright color and made the heads big, but I still sometimes forget to move them off to the side before printing or making PDFs. I'd love to be able to set them to display only similar to story levels. Then I'd never have to worry where they are. I know I could accomplish this with layers and layer combinations, but it would overcomplicate things.

AC USA v8.1-26, Intel i7 11700
1 REPLY 1
DGSketcher
Legend

If you set up a single "Utility Sections" layer and set it to Off in all your Layer combos then they shouldn't accidentally print and it isn't so difficult to turn on that one layer when needed, but that is possibly what you are already doing?

I think the next preference is not to complicate the markers, but to add a print switch to the Layers. This has been requested before and goes a long way to answering other requests such as establishing and locking non-printing guidelines or placing development notes. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)