cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Add object to beam and columns' segments

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
Since AC 23 add segments for beam and cloumn,I wonder Why we can't add object to this segments
I mean that avalible for railing and stairs part and curtain wall panel.
I understand if they add this. that will limit the ability of controlling like ability of curve the beam ( like taper with curved beam now) but we can model any beam or column and when we need to modify this column only the part without object can be modifed .
only add option like ( save object as beam \column segment)
maybe it is not essential, but will give very great detailed beam and column
34 REPLIES 34
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

OK, here is how I think it works:

If you Label the whole Beam, and it is a single-segment Beam with a Complex Profile, the "Complex Profile" Autotext will correctly display the name of the Complex Profile used. If the Beam is Rectangular or Circular, the Autotext will correctly display "#Complex Profile", since it does not apply.

If you Label the whole Beam, and it is a multi-segment Beam with a Complex Profile, and all segments use the same Complex Profile, the "Complex Profile" Autotext will correctly display the name of the Complex Profile used.

If you Label the whole Beam, and it is a multi-segment Beam with a Complex Profile, and different segments use different Complex Profiles, the Autotext will correctly display "#Complex Profile", since it does not apply. It does not apply because not all segments use the same profile so Archicad has no way of deciding which Complex Profile name you want to display.
However, if you Label Beam Segments instead of the whole Beam, the "Complex Profile" Autotext will again correctly display the name of the Complex Profile used by the Beam Segment. You can achieve that by hovering your cursor over the outline of the Beam and pressing TAB to select the Beam Segment to be labeled instead of the whole Beam. If you hover your cursor over the Beam Axis, only the whole Beam can be Labeled.

Multi-Segment-Beam-ComplexProfile-Label.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo!
Another Archicad hidden gem.
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
yes indeed!!!

never thought about that!