Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Choose a color

jphanbit
Participant

The current method for setting the color of lines, objects, and dimensions is to open them one by
one and enter a separate color value, but it would be nice to provide a default value for each
layer like in 2D AutoCAD, and to allow the user to choose whether to use the default value
specified by the layer (BYLAYER) or a separately specified value.

1 REPLY 1
Laurentiu C
Enthusiast

I understand your wish, but at the same time this isn't really how Archicad works and it intentionally does not work like that.

I do have some recommendations and a workaround to get what you want.

Firstly, I'd recommend reading about how pen sets work to understand why the default pens are mapped the way they are. There's an article on the forum here that explains most of it.

Secondly, I'd recommend to use Favorites . It might help to have predefined elements with already set pens, so you won't have to change them every time.

Thirdly, as a workaround you can use Graphical Overrides rules to apply a specific pen to all elements from a certain layer.

Here's a mock-up of how that would look like.

LaurentiuC_0-1719514906094.png

Hope this helps!

Laurentiu | Architect | exstudio
AC 17-27 INT
Work | Laptop | HP ZBook Fury 15.6 G8 | Win11 22H2 | i9-11900H / RTX A4000 / 32GB
Personal | PC | Win10 | i7-6700K / GTX 1070 / 32 GB