cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Color Code View Names in the View Map

gdford
Advisor

It would be sweet if we could color code view names in the view map...
For example -- A view of a wall section may be modeled so well that it is the view placed on a layout, or the wall section may be converted into @2D off to the side in the section and dressed up in entirely in 2d... If we could color code the name of the view I would not need a seperate folder to keep track of these things... 

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
2 REPLIES 2
jl_lt
Ace

Yes to this! also, if it is so difficult to hide unused views on cloned folders, at least we could color code the ones we are using in each folder.

I use this functionality in windows explorer substitutes for my folders, and its an absolute joy

Gerry Leonor
Advisor

well -- we sort of did.

in the older versions, there was a bit of a contrast between varying view types. it was enough contrast where i didn't have to squint my eyes to see not the colour contrast, but the shape of the icons before clicking on any of them.

GerryLeonor_1-1688338798557.png

I don't intend for us to go back to this, but i would like some more colour contrast between the icons & perhaps coloured text that distinguishes between Plans / Sections / Elevations / Details / Schedules / Worksheets etc... these colours should be set in the Work Environment.

perhaps the same thing could be added to Graphic Overrides & Model View Options. add a setting for each GO / MVO where you can set the text colour.

the visual nature of the program has been one of the strongest things this software has & is what i missed in the 6months i was working with Revit where it felt like reading a novel every time i had to open an option / setting.

AC25 | Win10 | 64Gb RAM | Intel i7 13700F | RTX 4070 Ti
>come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8