Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Overhead Doors

EH21
Enthusiast

It appears this has been a problem for a long time per this thread.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes/Overhead-Doors/m-p/208590#M13325

Overhead doors are constructed like swing doors. The garage door panel is set to the outside of the door. This is totally wrong...why even make that library part? Image below.

In addition, we'd like to have the ability to increase the height of the door tracks, as well as the turning radius, relative to the height of the door. A short door in a tall space will have more verticality to the tracks than in a short space. 

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 1.24.53 PM.png

ArchiCAD: AC26, Version 4024 USA Full (Apple Silicon)
Computer: 2022 Apple M1 Max, 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64 GB memory
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

@EH21 wrote:

Overhead doors are constructed like swing doors. The garage door panel is set to the outside of the door. This is totally wrong...why even make that library part? Image below.

Just like a standard swing door, place the initial click on the outside of the wall to position it and then click inside to swing the door inside.

Adjust the reveal depth to zero.

Actually, I just tried with the default 'overhead garage door 26' (I don't actually use that one - I have my own), and I see it is scripted in a way that you can not choose the swing side.

Just place on the outside of wall with the first click and then click anywhere.

With a reveal of zero to wall face, it is all place neatly - and I see you can't set the reveal depth either.

So it is all controlled for you.

This is the AUS library, not sure it the USA library objects are the same or not.

BarryKelly_0-1715646409667.png

I don't see any controls to adjust the height of the track independent of the opening height.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
mthd
Ace

Yeah I don’t like the “X” symbol for the shape of a segmented panel roll up garage door either.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
SLDARCH
Participant

Not all overhead doors actually roll to a horizontal position. It would be helpful have opening lines that are adjustable in depth.