cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Rotating objects

cocoloco
Expert

Could there be just more seamless way to rotate objects? Yes I learnt how to rotate an object (who would think it’s a learning curve) but even then I feel there should be a better way, more accurate and less time consuming - for example let’s say I rotate one object and next to it I am rotating another one to fit the exact angle. Ideally I want to grab the object, and see “live” how it’s rotating and fitting the other one, instead , I see rotating line (not rotating object) and kinda guessing how it will fit in. It’s a small thing but just another small thing that can make work faster 

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
4 REPLIES 4

You can turn on the ghost bounding box of the object. I can’t remember whether it’s in on screen view options or if it’s a work environment setting. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.1
macOS Sonoma (14.5)

It’s in the work environment settings. 
https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC26_Help%2F140_UserI...

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.5)

So I tried it but I actually had it unchecked (surprisingly) I am sharing what I mean in printscreen. It shows "compass" like (I really hate it and just want to rotate the object itself not the compass) 😄 I am also sharing my setting just in case I haven't miss anything. 

Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 10.18.55 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-02 at 10.19.51 AM.png
MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)

I think the ‘compass’ is supposed to represent a protractor and is an on screen visual editing aid. I’m not sure if you can turn that off unless there is a setting in On Screen View Options. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.5)