BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Save current zoom

Tom Elliott
Contributor

Hi all,

I've not made a wish before (other than to FC) and this is a very small ask, I've had a quick look on the forum and can't see anything about this anywhere, but if I've missed something I apologise. If not...

I have set hotspots in my template file for ease of positioning drawings on my layouts and saved the zoom for those drawings to those same hotspots as 'Project'. As each project is different, at the start when I set out all my elevations and sections, I readjust the hotspots and current zoom. When I go to save current zoom I can't overwrite with the same name so I have to name it something else then open the previous zoom, delete the zoom, open the new zoom and then rename the new zoom to the same name I had before.

Like I said really not a big ask and I really should be fine with just naming it something else and leaving it at that! Maybe a little OCD, but I love the ease of redefining views with a click or overwriting a photo rendering scene with the same name and thought it would be nice for this easy workflow to be brought to the zoom function too.

It's nearly xmas, maybe FC will grant me this one little one?!

Tom Elliott

AC27 4030 INT FULL

Macstudio M1 Max

32Gb Ram Ventura

2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

So, basically, on the Quick Options Bar, you want to be able to redefine saved, named Zoom levels with the current Zoom level, just like it is possible to redefine a View with the Current Window Settings?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Hi Laszlo,

Yup!

Learn and get certified!