BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Placing area schedule into Project Map

maurotrotta
Booster

I need to write the total area of an apartment in the floorplan, and for that I have done a schedule that summarize every zone. The schedule works fine and display the total area, but I can´t find the way to place the shedule into my project map. I can make a view of the schedule and place it in the layout, but I thinks is more practical to have it directly in the project map without having to swicht from layout to project.

It´s hard to understand why there is not a label that summarize selected zones, or something similar to that. I think having areas is a basic of architectural planning, how come this is not available in Archicad? I have research about this subject in the forum and everyone talks about making a schedule and placing it in the layout, but I found strange that you can see the label area of a zone in the project map, but you can´t see the total area.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

This add-on is exactly what I need. Still I don´t understand why Archicad doesnt have one like this already by default. Now I have to convince my office to buy it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
runxel
Legend

Try using this add-on from @BerndSchwarzenbacher .

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Barry Kelly

It is In your Project Map - the list in your Navigator.

Every view point is automatically added to your Project Map.

You then create Views of those view points in the View Map which you can then place on layouts.

You mean you would like to see the schedule on your floor plan as you model.

You can do this by setting the layout page you have placed the schedule on (your floor plan layout) as a trace reference.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

You mean you would like to see the schedule on your floor plan as you model.

You can do this by setting the layout page you have placed the schedule on (your floor plan layout) as a trace reference.

That´s one way of doing it, but what if I don´t have to place the schedule in the layout? Sometimes the drawing take too much space in the layout already and the schedule doesn´t fit or we simply want to have the information in the floorplan. I thik Archicad is missing some very basic label option.

Solution

This add-on is exactly what I need. Still I don´t understand why Archicad doesnt have one like this already by default. Now I have to convince my office to buy it.

Learn and get certified!