Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Audit/Check Solid Element Operations

Patrick M
Advisor

SEO's (Solid Element Operations) are one of the major contributing factors to file performance and health. I have seen over and over, excessive and careless application of SEO's crippling files, sometimes to the point that they can not even be opened or edited, usually just that they crash in section/elevation, or can not be navigated in 3d.
It takes a surprisingly small number of SEO's for some computers to tank.

Because of this, auditing SEO's is a major part of what I do for my clients when they come to me with slow, crashy, or otherwise buggy file issues. This is a tedious task, as I have to go element by element and check the little fly-out for elements with excessive SEO's. I currently only check meshes, slabs, and roofs, as those are the primary culprits.

What would be great for a BIM manager and file/project coordinator would be a feature that allowed me to search, schedule or otherwise identify elements by the number of operators and/or targets they have. Maybe a list or index of some kind with a criteria that says something like "Opperations/Connections > 150"

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
3 REPLIES 3
Davor P
Booster

Hi,

Perhaps my addon could be of help here - it does exactly what you need - Finds Operators.
You can download for free from bim4bim.com for Archicad 26.

Davor

BIM4BIM - by BIM managers for BIM managers

awesome! hopefully you'll be updating to AC27 soon! I'll give it a spin on the few 26 files I still have

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

27 is also available now but for a fee. You can evaluate how useful it is on 26 and decide if the cost is worth upgrading to 27.

BIM4BIM - by BIM managers for BIM managers