BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Subscript and Superscript in properties

ATS
Booster

Is it possible to set a part of a text string in a property expression to show as sub- / or superscript? I'm trying to show fire codes with the correct presentation, but can't find a way to adjust the text in the expression options.

AC27 NOR 4060 (WIN)
3 REPLIES 3

Hi ATS,

You can use unicode characters to approximate this. As with a lot of things concerning text, it depends on installed fonts (and probably other things like operating system) how it is rendered in the end. Here's an example (unfortunately subscript doesn't seem to work that well for me):

bschwb_1-1696573837820.png

For superscript I find this tool works best: https://inputoutput.dev/unicode-superscript-generator/
For subscript try this: https://www.madeintext.com/subscript-generator/

Hope that helps!
Bernd

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: Archi-XT.com
ATS
Booster

Thanks for the help, I get it to work with the "@Arial Unicode MS" font, but not with the "Arial" font that I assume comes with my Adobe package.

AC27 NOR 4060 (WIN)

Arial is a standard system font for both Windows and Mac.  (Please go to your Settings and add a "Signature" that lists your operating system and version of AC at a minimum... or include that with any question.)

(If your concern with fonts is sharing the file with other users, then, yes, anyone opening the file has to have the fonts that you use to have things appear as you see them.  If instead you are concerned about PDF output, the PDF format embeds the fonts you use inside the PDF so that others will see the same thing.)

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!