Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Turning radiuses

Djordje
Ace
If you have ever done an auto repair shop, or a logistics facility where the 40 foot container trucks have to turn, you know what is the value of the good turning radius object.

The object is available in the German and the Dutch libraries, as they were diligent enough to point out to Graphisoft what is the standard.

I wish that the object is included in the INT library, and please let's see if the same trucks and cars turn the same internationally, or is there something about the turning that only the German and the Dutch know?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have objects made available by Cadimage that have turning circles for 90 and 99 percentile vehicles (both cars and trucks). While these work o.k. they are limited to 90 and 180 degree turns only, but have options for two different (Auckland) Councils' requirements. It's probably only more programming required from Cadimage that would be needed to make these more flexible (i.e. variable turning angle) and they have said they will be including more councils' requirements in further revisions. Maybe more inquiries from the International audience would prompt them to improve these objects for wider use.

Oh, and we drive on the Left!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice to have these, but as Stuart's comments indicate they are often tied to very local requirements. It seems that a simple generic one wouldn't be too hard to come up with though.

BTW; Djordje "radiuses" ??? Are we finally giving up entirely on Latin plurals? I have long since given up on stadia, and auditoria, but I thought at least radii would survive a little longer. At least data is still going strong, but of course datum is becoming arcane. 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
For any English speakers, to whom English is not native language, the "s" for plural is much easier than the Latin ones. I myself do not like them at all, which caused me some bad marks at school.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice to have these, but as Stuart's comments indicate they are often tied to very local requirements. It seems that a simple generic one wouldn't be too hard to come up with though.
You can now download a generic vehicle tracking curve library from the Cadimage Tools web site. It simulates slow, forward vehicle motion for a range of parametric vehicles. You can enter turning radius, angle, vehicle dimensions etc. and even pull the vehicle along the path.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks great, Andrew.

Now, who has all the dimensions for articulated trucks?
Anonymous
Not applicable
In New Zealand you can get 'standard' values from the Land Transport Safety Authority. We can make up some favourites if you like.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ev'1. Apparently Cadimage 'only' has the semi-trailer and the trailer. Couldn't find the normale Truck (e.g. refuse truck) or cars anymore. Any idea where to find it? Perhaps someone who has it could pls share it?
Cheers