cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Window and door labels in elevation view

Anonymous
Not applicable
We need a better solution for labeling windows and doors in elevation views. I would propose that we have something similar to the dimension marker that is used in plan and controls in model views that determine if the label shows or not. I currently use the label tool, but it is clumsy, awkward and unpredictable.
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I know, labeling modules is still impossible. Will AC19 solve this problem? Has anyone found a workaround?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If I understand your question correctly, then I think that answer is YES, ARCHICAD 19 solves this.
Elements can now have multiple Labels and Label assignment works differently. The Label Element checkbox in Settings Dialogs is gone (so you don't have to go to a Hotlinked Module to label an element within a Hotlinked Module).
Now you can simply place as many Labels for any element located in the host file or in a Hotlinked Module as you need, in any Viewpoint.
You activate the Label Tool and click the element you wish to Label and the element is Labeled (or it takes 2-3 clicks if the Label has a Pointer Line).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
This sounds like it's exactly what was needed!
Can you tell me when will the french AC19 be released?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't really know.
You should contact your local reseller, they will probably have some kind of information about it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27