BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Wishlist | Ability to show Solid operations in plan view

Josh Verran
Expert

I feel like I'm missing something here, but when you perform a solid operation (for example: cut a flat area out of a sloping site mesh) you can see that affect in all views except plan views.

My wish would be to have the ability to show all object accurately in plan, which would include there current shape, not their shape prior to being operated on

"plan view is an orthographic projection of a 3-dimensional object from the position of a horizontal plane through the object. In other words, a plan is a section viewed from the top. In such views, the portion of the object above the plane is omitted to reveal what lies beyond. In the case of a floor plan, the roof and upper part of the walls may be left out. Basically, a plan view is just another name for the top view of a 3D object".

3D View3D ViewElevationElevationPlanPlanSectionSection

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
27 REPLIES 27

Hold on!

So in 2015 Graphisoft UK creates a terrain add-on which appears to solve a lot of the problems most Archicad users come across when modelling the terrain. In some eight years since, this hasn't found it's way into the core Archicad version?! Really?!

There's a lot of specific tools developed by regional partners which aren't included in other regional versions. But this appears to be a Graphisoft subsidiary. And even if it isn't. The terrain add-on is non-regional! It is helpful for everyone, regardless the geographic location.

This must be the ultimate GS joke! 😔

#notimpressed

Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.

Spot on! It should indeed be included as a standard AC add-on.

Johan Stinckens
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Ah, OK, sorry, so it is a localization-specific Add-On.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Hi Laszlo

I don't know for sure it's just someone suggested it possibly was when they read my post, if someone on here has a different country license then I think it would be good for them to log on to their UAS and see what downloads are available then post it up here to help others, personally I don't think that the Terrain tool will be just UK & Ireland as all architects would need this tool, hopefully someone does give a try.

David,

I am a Belgian AC user and have SSA through the KUBUS company (Netherlands).

It is indeed possible to download the tool via the link you provided, and even install the tool.

However, when selecting the tool in Archicad it checks for a valid UAS license.

Since we do not have one, it will not work.

Hope Graphisoft will start making it available for all other users.

Architalk_20230331-001.png

Johan Stinckens

Hi Johan

Thanks for the reply and trying it out, that is really useful for others to see what is available for Archicad, I do also feel that it should be part of the standard Archicad tool set as terrain is something that architects work with all the time.

Regards

David

Hope they port this terrain tool to all archicad versions ASAP.

On the other hand, about the seo on plan, im taking a contrarian stance:  as much as i would like SEO to show on plan, if it was implemented i would quickly devolve to old days 3d modeling where everything was done and solved with boolean operations, making the model an inneficient seo fest, which is not easy on pc resources. 

So, while mildly annoying, not having this option actually makes me model in a more disciplined way, and just use the 3d plan view workaround when it's absolutely necessary

AaduL
Participant

Wow. I have same problem with floor plan view. It is year 2023. It has been issue for 15 years. I am amazed. And I am sad that I have to deal with this kind of thing. It is AI revolution outside. I am an architecture student. I am trying to avoid Archicad as much as I can. Using Rhino. Made some geometry with Rhino. Converted them into morphs in Archicad. SEO-d some walls. Felt almost that my assignment is going to end at some point. BANG - floor plan is not generating SEO outcome. BANG.

I like what I study. Archicad does not make my studies easier. I do not know. It is a program. Programs should make life easier. pffff

Learn and get certified!