Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Patrick M
Advisor

would love to see some consistency here:

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 7.41.47 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 7.41.54 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 7.41.59 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 7.42.32 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 7.43.01 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 7.43.19 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 7.43.35 AM.png

       

9 Comments
scottjm
Advisor

This absolutely has to get into Phase 2 of wish list project!!

Nader
Contributor

Thank you

NateLumen
Booster

Totally agree, and have it be an option on more types of elements too!

hmartell
Booster

Would also like to have a "By Model View" Option.

Then in the Model View I'd Add a Plan Cut Settings.

My goal is to have as close to a 3D plan cut view as possible (order stacked elements by Z-value, etc.)

Patrick M
Advisor

I think I had a thread in the wishes forum on a type of display order manager. Currently, all we have is guess and check "bring forward, send to back, bring to front" type juggling. 
One thing that can help with display order is the Element Info Pallet (under window > pallets), it lists display order group. You can also reset display order. But seems like there should be a better approach to display order.
As for plan cut seetings, there is a floor plan cut plane setting per view; I don't think we need to roll that into the MVO settings.

Hi @Patrick M,

If I can disagree with you & with all respected (24) likes?

Really, I think that every element has its own required and expected display settings which were developed year by year to match the actual needs.

But at the same time, I don’t mind to see that in Archicad despite unifying functions is not always the ideal solution, otherwise you want Archicad to be the same like Revit.

roderick
Booster

Totally agree, this should hopefully be consistent throughout the different model elements !

Space_Agency
Booster

Absolutely agree. Just keep it consistent so that the options are flexible for all elements. 

Govin eric
Contributor

It would great if all items (objects, walls...) could behave the same as slab, meaning, projecting more than 1 up and 1 below, but be flexible in it's projection like "slabs".

Also It would be good if there was more than 1 pen colour to project above/ below. It would allow to create the illusion of depth (like a 1 floor roof could look more distant on the 5 th floor than on the 3 rd floor).

Status
Upvoted

with 61 Votes

Additional Information
Labels: