Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

No "Save As BIMx" Option?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can save from BIMX to the .app or .exe files but I am unable to save to the .bimx file version for my iPad or anything else. It doesn't have just a "Save" option at all.

Any idea why? Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Only the latest hotfix (3267) for 15 can "Save" to BIMx format.
Have you installed that?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
RandyC
Advocate
I have seen the same problem , the save as bimx is greyed out for several
minutes , waiting and trying several commands in bim explorer brings the
two missing commands to where I can use them " save " and "share with the bim community" I am not sure what causes this delay and suspect a minor bug . I had mentioned this in an earlier thread.
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Karl Ottenstein
Graphisoft just added this issue to the "Known Issues" page:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/BIMx/KnownIssues

The given workaround is to just wait for the commands to become enabled as mentioned by RandyC.

A strange one!

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
I am very disappointed that the .app and .exe versions of BIMx are no longer available. I have not yet been able to make it work properly or send any files to clients for work in AC17.

BIMx works OK at the time when I save out the BIMx file, but if I try to open it later by double-clicking it, my new windows 8 laptop (bought specifically for AC17) says it cannot find the application to open the file even though BIMx was installed properly.

Also, whenever I save a BIMx file from AC17 my internet connection gets cut off, and I have to go to the Windows 8 troubleshooter to fix it.

I don't think the consequences of Graphisoft's changes to BIMx were fully thought through.
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Daniel,
See this poll:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=219562#219562

which was started from this thread...argh IOS 7 won't let switch tabs while editing.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Other thread
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=219666
blackrosegul wrote:
I have not yet been able to make it work properly or send any files to clients for work in AC17.

BIMx works OK at the time when I save out the BIMx file, but if I try to open it later by double-clicking it, my new windows 8 laptop (bought specifically for AC17) says it cannot find the application to open the file even though BIMx was installed properly.
You can set the connetcion manually(right click and find the aplication), or run the BimX application first and then open the file from it.

Best Regards,
Piotr