Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

CAD Image products

TomWaltz
Participant
Hey gang.

Last week, our office acquired the CAD Image set of products, 3D Profiler, Object tools, and Accessory Pack.

To put it simply: This is what Archicad should be. The Accessory pack is out of this world, and I cannot recommend it enough. While it may not work for eveyone out there, is certainly works for us, especially when it comes to partial height brick with a water table and siding above, or a roof that needs a fascia board, soffit, and gutters.

The only draw-back is the "by-key" licensing, requiring individual installation on each machine (we have 30), but I understand the need to protect the software from illegal copying, and it does work with network keys. (which we opted for the flexibility of individual keys instead)

(no, Campbell and the NZ guys did not put me up to this, I just had to share!!)
Tom Waltz
4 REPLIES 4
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Tom,

I appreciate your input. This is a product we have been considering and it's always good to hear "reviews".

Thanks,

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Hey gang.
Last week, our office acquired the CAD Image set of products, 3D Profiler, Object tools, and Accessory Pack.
To put it simply: This is what Archicad should be. The Accessory pack is out of this world, and I cannot recommend it enough...
Tom,
I've seen some of these products and fully agree with your glowing review. I plan to acquire some of them as well but haven't yet because I'm not sure they have been "Imperialized" for the US market.

Can you please let us know if the versions you have are defaulted to Imperial Standards?

Thanks,
Dan K
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
As Tom said, their products are fantastic and should be in ArchiCAD today. They are very good at what they do and always have been.

My two cents.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
TomWaltz
Participant
The default sizes are definitely metric conversions. However, with their "save object defaults" command in the Object Tools, you can set your own object defaults to not only be imperial, but the size YOU want.
Tom Waltz