Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Classification in Germany

Hello there.

Is anyone familiar with the classification system used in Germany?
I know the must have a DIN somewhere for BIM, could anyone point me in the right direction, please ?

I am looking for the equivalent of Uniclass, more specifically a XML file to import and use right away would be great .

thank you.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
5 REPLIES 5
runxel
Legend
uisanata wrote:
DIN somewhere for BIM
I'm afraid there is nothing like that.
The closest you can get is DIN 276, I suppose.

I know some offices, which will organize around the "costs groups". But the DIN is not about BIM.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Thank you.
This is surprising. Do you think Uniclass would work ? Is it compatible enough ?
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
https://www.vdi.de/technik/fachthemen/bauen-und-gebaeudetechnik/querschnittsthemen-der-vdi-gbg/koord... is this what you are looking for?

The first (and last) time I did some research into German building regulations and such I gave up. I'm glad that one potential trip across the border for that project was put on hold. Seems to be a LOT of local level stuff going on and it is not easy to find out. My German pretty much being Dutch with a thick accent doesn't help though...
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
runxel
Legend
uisanata wrote:
Thank you.
This is surprising. Do you think Uniclass would work ? Is it compatible enough ?
Well, nobody cares. Germany is pretty darn late with the BIM stuff.
Heck, there is still a majority of offices using DumbCad...

So, just use whatever suits you. Potential benefits are small, tho.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
schagemann
Enthusiast
A few years back we did an adaptation of our mACT - ARCHICAD template based on DIN276 (which btw is surprisingly similar to the Australian NATSPEC system).

Anyway yes there seems to be not much else to go by.

Btw. IMHO the only real thing to go by is to get your IFC classifications right - until GRAPHISOFT changes their mapping approach with the next version of ARCHICAD.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.