Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Elevation undo

R-G-CAD
Participant

Hello, When using Archicad 25 on windows I have noticed something. When an elevation is duplicated then in the navigator new automatic drawings and views are created. When afterwards undo is done (2x or 3x redo/undo) the elevation on the home story is deleted and the automatic drawing/view is deleted/changed into an independent elevation. When this procedure of do and undo is done with a section the drawings and views in the navigator are deleted. Is this behaviour of Archicad of the independent elevation leftover in the navigator normal? Should the navigator be inspected regularly for leftovers?

2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Could you post a few screenshots that illustrate this behavior?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly

It is not just version 25 - I just tested in 22 with same result.

If you select the elevation marker in plan and delete, you will be prompted if you want to keep as independent viewpoint.

BarryKelly_1-1647307572650.png

This does not matter if it is a freshly placed elevation or a duplicated elevation.

The interesting thing is if you place a new elevation and then undo, it deletes and does not leave an independent viewpoint.

But if you place a new elevation, then duplicate it and then undo, the duplicate deletes and leaves an independent viewpoint (without asking you).

I am not sure why this is.

Workarounds.

Undo and then delete the independent viewpoint from the Project Map.

Or don't undo, select elevation marker in plan and delete, then you choose what will happen.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11