BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

REF COMPONENT Property Script Follow Up

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been expanding on a previous question using the REF COMPONANT command. I have a part for roof purlins that creates purlins at a roof slope and spaces them according to a variable "spacing" Is it possible to use a variable, not a global variable, in the REF COMPONANT command? See Below:

IF beam_sizes="6x6" THEN
REF COMPONENT "X60060600" , "300" , ((SYMB_A_SIZE*3.2808)/spacing)
ENDIF

I have been able to get the part to return the global variable but the calculation isn't correct. The script runs OK, there aren't any errors but the calculation isn't right. I shouldn't need to multiply by 3.2808 since the number is aleady in feet and inches. Any Ideas? Thanks.

Barry
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry guys, I hate to answer my own questions but here is what I came up with. It is possible to use a variable in the REF COMPONANT command. I had a bad formula in my head. See Below:

IF beam_sizes="CUSTOM" THEN
REF COMPONENT "X60060600" , "300" , ((SYMB_B_SIZE*3.2808)*(SYMB_A_SIZE/spacing))
ENDIF

The formula works better but first estimates are that the number returned is about 25% low, might be another math error. Thanks.

Barry
Learn and get certified!