Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Converting 3ds files to dwg or dxf

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have some 3d furniture files from the manufacturer but they are in 3ds form. I think to get them into ARCHICAD I need to convert them to dwg or dxf format. Does anyone know how I can do this?
11 REPLIES 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is a 3D Studio import Add-On you can download and add to ArchiCAD.
Use the Help\ArchiCAD 15 Downloads menu command to get to the download site.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much - this worked.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi... I also want to import 3ds in archicad 15, but when I go to help / Archicad 15 Downloads, it says that : cannot find html file or viewer . Can u please specify the link where to find that plug-in? I have educational version, I hope that's not a problem.
Thank you.
TMA_80
Enthusiast
when you click on help/archicad15 download, does it open your internet navigator ?
AC12_27 |Win11_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
nope... this is what I get when I open the "Archicad 15 Downloads" option from the "help" tab ... the text is not clear, but it says exactly: cannot find html file or viewer
TMA_80
Enthusiast
You could look in the graphisoft directory on your HDD, for the folder named internet links ( or something similar ) you should find there a shortcuts for the addon download link....
AC12_27 |Win11_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks... i found it .
the link was http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ac15/INT.html and the file was called "3d studio in".
Anonymous
Not applicable
i did the steps but i get that not all add ons will work perfectly and i couldnt convert the 3ds file to archicad can someone let me send him the 3ds file and make it pln for me ?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Send me the file and I will see what I can do. I may or may not be able to do it as the file may contain data that does not make it possible.
Please state your ArchiCAD version.

Send the email to
gsforumadmin@graphisoft.hu
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27