Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG custom beams/walls/columns Import

Zdenko
Enthusiast

will be receiving some DWG files and wanted to know how do i import customized beams/walls/columns from another file? thinking of something like blocks from autocad or something similar.

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Sonoma 14.4.1

Archicad 27 (3001 USA Full Intel Based MAC)
Sonoma 14.4.1
2 REPLIES 2
Patrick M
Advisor

is it 3d dwg? you can bring a 3d dwg in using the file > interoperability > merge function. that will typically bring in the dwg as a single object; but you can convert that to a morph and  break apart into separate componenets.

If it is a 2d DWG, there are several ways to bring it in. My go to is to drag/drop, then explode into lines and fills. But you can also open (for 2d or 3d) in a separate instance of archicad adn copy what you need or use the x-ref manager. These methods usually add a lot of attributes and layers to your file, which is a PITA in my opinion.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

thank you for quick response on a friday! did not realize i can have multiple instances of ac was allowed! hot dang! not sure just what i will be getting but not a fan of exploding and dealing with PITA attributes...

Archicad 27 (3001 USA Full Intel Based MAC)
Sonoma 14.4.1

Setup info provided by author