cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Formulas in Schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to put a formula in a a cell of a schedule? I need to use in a zone schedule a field calculating one fifth of the area of the windows surface and showing it. Any help?
16 REPLIES 16
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
There are cases where it's more reliable to do the calculation separately, such as if the value will be used in other calculations besides the PARAMETERS statement. For some reason, changing the value of the parameter does not always change the value of the variable.
you right, the best is to place the equation in the master script as well (especially with zones).
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

This can be found in the old GDL programming standards and seems still to be true after 8 years.
When resetting the value of a parameter in a certain condition in the
Parameter Script using the “parameters” command, a similar statement must be put into the Master Script, especially if the modification of the second
parameter changes the value of a third (or more) parameter. E.g.:
if xx then parameters yy=1 (Parameter script)
if xx then yy=1 (Master script)
--
Regards, Juha
Anonymous
Not applicable
Juha wrote:
This can be found in the old GDL programming standards and seems still to be true after 8 years.
Still true in the latest GDL Technical Standards. 🙂
http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/techsupport/documentation/developer_docs/BasicLibraryDoc/11/LibDevGuid...

In practice, if calculations are made in Master Script, and particulary when they are numerous,
no need to re-type (Parameters Script): if bCondition then parameters yy = 1.
You get the same result just typing: parameters yy = yy, etc ...

May be not "academicl" scripting, but efficient. Parameters always update for any situation.

Cheers,
Olivier
Anybody has a sense of what is going on here? I can't get the schedule to display two zone additional parameters, one of which you just fill in and the other one calculated in the master script --I just get those dashes. The libraries are loaded OK as far as I can tell from Library Loading Report, zone settings preview and floor plans, those values display OK in the zone stamp everywhere.

There is a 'Bldg Name' text parameter, 'II' in the screenshot. The stamp makes a string of Bldg Name + story number + zone number to create and display a unique 'apartment long number', 'II.5.06' in the screenshot. [These have been custom-scripted into a Tom Waltz's Superzone; AC11 1210 USA.]
I just read the thread below, http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=25495 . Saved back to AC 10 and the parameters are displaying OK in the same schedules there. So the problem is a 10-to-11 thing.

Wonder what the problem can be though --one of the problem parameters is a simple stupid fill-in text parameter.
TomWaltz
Participant
There was a minor change in the Master Script necessary for AC11. It was something that GS changed between AC10 and AC11 that only seemed to affect my object!

For more info:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=113423
Tom Waltz
Wow thanks. I love AC talk, I love you all guys, and I think I am not drunk.