cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC based Quantity takeoff

Ahmed_K
Advisor

Hi, 

I already developed a workflow to calculate quantities and building cost using archicad and excel, 

ArchiCAD to model, schedule, extract data : I used Classifications, properties, schedules

Excel to collect data, calculate, and manage data in multiple formats, 

Now, i want to improve, i looked into some posts  here in the forum, informations aren't enough to build a robust solution based on IFC, 

My idea is the following, 

IFC psets will used as filters and data containers, for units, quantity / item description, calculated quantity, price per unit etc, 

using IFC i can have access to data that can't be handled with properties and or classifications.

this data will be extracted using schedules, the rest of work in excel, 

I want to know how to start exploring IFC and what type of limitations can i face in this workflow ?

If someone is interested, this thread would be a GREAT PLACE to exchange and develop the workflow.

Thanks.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 27
Windows 11 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
1 REPLY 1

Your timing of this post is perfect Lukas Oelmüller is doing a presentation next Friday as part of ARCHINTENSIVE - Session 17 on openBIM and cost estimation. He has developed processes using IFC for cost estimation. I suggest watching that session. https://www.skewed.com.au/events/archintensive-2023

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX