BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Command Line or Revit Style Shortcuts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone!

I've been working exclusively in ArchiCAD 20/21 for about a year now after moving from Revit & AutoCAD. While I've been able to adapt to most of the differences, one thing that I really, really miss is the Revit keyboard shortcuts. Specifically, I'm referring to the 2-key shortcuts...(typing "wa" starts the wall tool). Is there any way to enable that functionality?

Additionally, I keep hearing whispers about there being a secret AutoCAD-style command line in ArchiCAD. If this is true, how in the world do I enable it in AC21?

Thanks so much!
4 REPLIES 4
mikas
Expert
That would be nice to be able to configure double character shortcuts too.

You probably have found out how to make your own shortcuts for tools too?

If not, the tools reside in the menus too, so you can make a shortcut to any of them. Maybe something like Shift-W = wall tool. You just have to make sure to not make overlapping shorts, of course.
Options-Work environment-Shortcut schemes
(see pic)
Tool_Shortcuts.jpg
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have figured that out, yes. Personally, I don't like using the modifier (CMD/Shift/Option) keys because I find it faster to use 2 characters ("wa").
mikas wrote:
That would be nice to be able to configure double character shortcuts too.

You probably have found out how to make your own shortcuts for tools too?

If not, the tools reside in the menus too, so you can make a shortcut to any of them. Maybe something like Shift-W = wall tool. You just have to make sure to not make overlapping shorts, of course.
Options-Work environment-Shortcut schemes
(see pic)
Eduardo Rolon
My shortcut for Wall is "w" so I think that it is faster than "wa" but seriously my concept for shortcuts are:
Main Tools = single letter
Editing Tools = CMD and Letter (CMD+C = Copy therefore CMD+I = Intersect)
Function Keys = Main Toolbars
CMD+Numbers (1-5) = Main Palettes (Navigator, Organizer, etc)
CMD+SHIFT+Numbers (1-5) = Secondary Palettes (Trace Reference, Renovations)
etc,

Most reachable with my left hand with some exceptions. But I wouldn't mind having extra options for shortcuts.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

artifexvis wrote:
I have figured that out, yes. Personally, I don't like using the modifier (CMD/Shift/Option) keys because I find it faster to use 2 characters ("wa").
You can map modifiers to your mouse so that everything is essentially 1 character.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Learn and get certified!