BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

DOOR IDS CHANGE SPONTANEOUSLY?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone else noticed this? Thought some door ids had changed without human intervention on a file last week, but wasn't sure. Then, today, in another file more altered ids. This time I located an earlier pdf of the plan and yes, two door ids at least are erroneous. How is this possible? How can it be prevented?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have not seen this myself, but it is a very serious bug. As drawing production becomes more automated we have to be able to rely on the automated features, and cannot possibly be reviewing every sheet to confirm that door numbers have stayed the way they were the last time. Failures like this could start costing real money in the field if door and window schedules get messed up without notice.

I am now concerned that we will have to start checking all our plans for this. Further confimation and analysis of the cause of this problem seems quite important.
__archiben
Booster
you haven't been playing with the element ID manager have you?!

it looks as though you are still using archiCAD 8 rather than 8.1? i experienced trouble with object parameters and settings in 8 whereby multiple selecting a number of elements in order to change something would in fact result in all of the last selected element's attributes being changed on the others even if i didn't alter some of them.

upgrade!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Karl Ottenstein
rbissett wrote:
Has anyone else noticed this? Thought some door ids had changed without human intervention on a file last week, but wasn't sure. Then, today, in another file more altered ids. This time I located an earlier pdf of the plan and yes, two door ids at least are erroneous. How is this possible? How can it be prevented?
Time delay...have been out of town for a week... Have you used the Interactive Scheduler to edit any aspects of your doors? There was a bug in 8.0 that caused random changes to doors/windows that is fixed AFAIK in 8.1

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!