Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Line tool

Mac_the_arc
Booster

Im having trouble with my line tool. I upgraded to AC 26 a few months ago but have not used AC 26 (or AC for around 4 months). I recently upgraded the macOS to and then recently macOS Ventura. The software will not let me change the line type, and I seem to be stuck on a dashed line. Ive checked back against an older project I did to see how I had done a similar task. In this project it was clear I was able to draw differing line types, thickness and colours, however even in this project under AC 25 it was no longer letting me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

It is a know problem with Ventura.

2nd problem in list ...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/macOS-13-Ventura/ta-p/359447 

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly

It is a know problem with Ventura.

2nd problem in list ...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/macOS-13-Ventura/ta-p/359447 

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

thanks Barry, that was the conclusion I was coming too, and I eventually found the solution. It makes me want to avoid upgrading to MacOS updates, but that is another security risk.

Dali_
Contributor

Hi.  I had exactly the same problem with AC 25 after upgrading the Mac computer system to Ventura.  I found a solution in moving the mouse arrow to the far left of the page, and then using the arrow keys to select the required line type. Apparently, the problem is caused by Ventura, and not by AC.