BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Magic wand tool not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pulling my hair out trying to use the magic wand tool to give my contour lines a ridge height.
- I have used the mesh tool to outline my site along the boundry lines.
- I then have the mesh selected and the mesh tool selected.
- With the cursor hovering over the contour line i hold the space bar down and left click.
- Magic wand appears but nothing happens.

I have tried to select other things using the magic wand and it will not pick anything up! PLEASE HELP
*I am using archiCAD 19
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
NCornia wrote:
Hi Stuart,

Can the user successfully use the Magic Wand command from the menu? Design > Outline Polygon with Magic Wand... If so, then it is extremely likely it is a keyboard/mouse driver issue that is preventing the spacebar-click method from working. I had a Samsung laptop myself with the issue and upon the advice of our developers I plugged in a USB mouse and it worked then even though the touch pad of the laptop would not. In that case it was a Synaptics driver which was causing the trouble. Some Windows computers have a "Tap" option where the user only needs to gently tap the touch pad rather than actually press down to get a physical click. This "Tap" method is not supported in ARCHICAD. Look in the driver advanced settings to disable this function. I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Hi Nicolas

Sorry I haven't responded earlier. Yes, it works from the menu, or with Maciej Zacher's solution using ENTER instead of mouse click. We will check out the drivers a bit closer.

Thanks
Learn and get certified!