BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Relocate building on mesh

KeesW
Advocate
I have sketch designs for a large building on a big site. The site has been converted into a mesh and has layers for boundaries, building set backs, roads and parking and combinations. It has been placed on a layout called 'Siteplan' .My building has separate building related layers and combinations and placed it on a layout called 'Ground Floor'. I've located the building on the site so that it complies with required planning scheme setbacks.

As the design has evolved, the building has gotten longer and I've had to move it on the site to fit with these required setbacks.

So, I used the TRACE tool to place the Site Plan as reference under the Ground Floor Plan. Then I moved the Site Plan to align the Ground Floor Plan with the required boundary setbacks and saved it all. When I view it in 3D, the site has not moved. and the building now overlaps a boundary setback - even though the plan view of both site and building are correct.

Why don't they align in 3D and how can I fix it?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
2 REPLIES 2
KeesW
Advocate
I'll reply to my own post because it might be of interest to others. I've fixed the problem by moving the building, and not the site mesh model. I don't know why this is so. If one creates an empty site mesh model first, and then designs a building model to go onto it, one cannot move the site to make an evolved larger designed building fit. One has to move the building, and not the site. Perhaps some AC boffins can explain why this is the case.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Lingwisyer
Guru
KeesW wrote:
place the Site Plan as reference under the Ground Floor Plan. Then I moved the Site Plan to align the Ground Floor Plan

You moved the trace? Moving a trace does not physically move anything.

View => Trace Options => Reset to Default Position

If you wanted to move your site in relation to your building, you would set the Ground Floor Plan as trace, with Site Plan as the active floor, then select all and move.

Or are you moving things on a layout with stacked views...? Rather confused at your explanation of your situation...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!