BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Zone 3D Volume

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

Anyone know how the Zone Tool creates a 3D volume when the object scripts themselves do not appear to contain anything related to the generation of a 3D object? How is a 2D symbol creating a 3D shape? Would this be going into the API, the tool itself? The Zone Stamp is only the label of the zone? Which you cannot seem to select if there are multiple loaded...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
The zone tool is just like the other 3D tools (wall, slab, mesh, etc.) that creates a 3D element.
The zone itself is not an object.

The zone stamp is an object and it reads the area and volume (as well as name, category, ID - all the info you can see in the info box or zone settings) from the 3D zone.
The stamp then has the parameters for flooring, occupancy and the like.

That is one of the reasons why we can't label a zone - it doesn't contain all of the information at all except what you can see in the settings - the zone stamp actually has it all.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Lingwisyer

I was searching for something similar related to volume and I think you may be interested with this VOLUME3D() FUNCTION
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Learn and get certified!