Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

material display - plan/section

proto
Advocate

I'm getting different types of material display on what I think is the same material

all the concrete in this image is "concrete - structural"

no surfaces are overridden

If I dropper/syringe from one to the next, it still has this visual differential

plan view has the same displayed distinction

what should i check to rectify these elements?

concrete-matl.png
mac ACv27/4001, US full, Sonoma 14.1.2, 2020 iMac/2023 MacBook Pro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
proto
Advocate

Lee, thank you for your suggestions. I did check those.

On further rubbing my eyes and face and just staring at the entire screen of icons & settings...(transition to face palm)...it is the renovation status that was causing the display difference.

(sigh) project is all new, so wasn't even considering renovation status might get bumped

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Do the settings of the walls that are different to what you expect have the files overridden? I think it’s under the Floor Plan and Section drop down in the parameters. It might also be changed separately under the floor pan and section part of the parameters window. Check your Element Transfer settings too, to make sure they are transferring All Settings and are not filtered. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Solution
proto
Advocate

Lee, thank you for your suggestions. I did check those.

On further rubbing my eyes and face and just staring at the entire screen of icons & settings...(transition to face palm)...it is the renovation status that was causing the display difference.

(sigh) project is all new, so wasn't even considering renovation status might get bumped