Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

rotate orientation won't save with view

Graham Whipple
Enthusiast
I cannot seem to get the rotated orientation to save with other view settings. The rotated orientation seems to stick as long as I only toggle through plan views, but if I toggle to some other view and then back to the floor plan view the rotated orientation is lost.
Does the rotation not save with the other view settings?

I've rotated my plan to natively be oriented correctly with north, but for page layout and general working drawings I am using a reference north orientation of 32.54 and would like to rotate the plans accordingly for better use of the layout sheets.
Is this not the purpose of rotate orientation?

Graham
Graham Whipple
Resin Architecture

Idaho USA
10 REPLIES 10

Fixed it I think,  After having "ignore zoom & rotation when opening this view" checked in every view for years without any problems in 9 to 20, first project in 25 I have problems and to fix it I have to uncheck it in every view.

Apparently you can't have it ticked or un-ticked in just one view. Its seems to be all the same or theirs a problem. Why do Graphisoft make everything so complicated.

Whats wrong to only have the Zoom Ignored in the checkbox. Rotation should be a one off setting in the "General" view settings Pure and simple

Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,