Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

saved files automatically changing the dimensions

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I place dimensions I also make sure that all of the measurements are whole numbers without fractions.
When I open the saved file later, different components (walls, etc) have been moved up to an inch automatically. So far this has happened in at least 4 of my saved files. I can't figure out why this is happening, and it is way too time consuming to have to fix everything every time I open up the file.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can fix this problem?
3 REPLIES 3
Your walls have not moved. Screenshots show two different View Settings (one of them has dimension rounded to 1/8", the other one to 1"; also door labels are displaying differently). Dimension preferences are set in Options>Project Preferences, and then selected in View Settings.
[Also: those walls are not modeled accurately to an inch (probably neither to an 1/8"), and dimensions displayed rounded values as you placed them because that was the dimensions preferences active at that point; so also check out how to accurately position stuff with x, y, etc. input, coordinate box, working units. Probably you should check out the whole concept of Views too.]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the advice, I am still learning the software.

I am not sure if that is the problem though. I did not change any of the settings.
View Settings changed, that is obvious from your screenshots. It is just that you are not aware of what, when, and how. Do go through the documentation, which will save you a lot of time and trouble.