BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CineRender light problem ("spots", "clouds")

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone - I'm testing CineRender and I see this problem with light - there are light "spots" or "clouds" that appear on the walls. They change on each frame if you do a fly-through. My guess is this is some form of render issue and can be avoided with proper detailed settings in CineRender - does anyone know how to get rid of these? Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Am I the only one who has this problem?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=47435 I think this discusses the same issue.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Erwin!
It does sound like the problem I have.
But the proposed solution is absolutely unacceptable since these settings send the rendering time in ranges of weeks, when we talk about a fly-through.
Is there a more reasonable solution?
MuazOnline
Newcomer
Hi Vic,

all the issues that you're having are resolved in my tutorial here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oUlyv2J7QM

basically you have to apply GI (Global illumination) in addition to cast more lighting using Area Light and last but not least you have to apply Physical Camera to let the lens catch more light and camera shutter close at proper timing ...

have a look at the tutorial and you'll be more than happy with the results that you're going to achieve
Anonymous
Not applicable
Muaz - your tutorials are fantastically detailed! Thank you so much for making them - you really explain a lot.
While you offer a very good solution for the "clouds", I still think this is a workaround, solving an issue that is a result of bad algorithms.
Let's face it - these "clouds" make no sense, they are absurd - the surfaces should be evenly lit, regardless of how weak the light and illumination is.
Once again thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
In my opinion the problem has more to do with the type of shader that Archicad still uses. Shaders consist of "patches" of a certain size. The smaller these patches the less problems but if the patch contains textures then also the quality suffers. Same problem you see in interiors where walls and/or roofs meet. Like a bit of light shines through.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
i am having same problem but i don't know what is making it and i would like to know what to do so i won't have those white spots on the walls.

Learn and get certified!