BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fills Printing as Solid

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to print my first complete set of CD's in PM3.1. All of the fills in my sections and details are printing as solid fills. They look fine on my layout pages in PM. I am printing on a design jet 500. Help Please!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure you DO NOT check the check box that says "All colors to black". This will of course make all colors to black....including white fills.

That's likely the problem. Let us know if it's something else.

cheers,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply. I dont think the "all colors to black" setting is the problem. The sections that have the fill problems are drawings not models. I cant remember why I made them drawings, mabey this was a mistake. The funny thing is that while in PM I can see the fills normaly. In AC the fills are gone! when I select the fill, where it would normaly display the fill type (info box) is says "missing"! When printed it is just a shade of grey! The fill called "structural concrete" displays fine in AC but, in PM it appears shrunk down and indistinguishable and prints as a shade of grey. I am very confused about this situation at the moment. I am concidering just leaving it the way it is for this project and hoping to learn and prevent it from hapening on the next project!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I solved half of my problem. I found the display options in PM. It offers Vectorial or bitmap fills for display and output! I had it set as all to bitmap. This explains the difference between displays in AC & PM. I am not quite shure of why you would want to have a fill that is vectorial display as a bitmap in PM. It still dosen't explain why some of my fills are missing in AC. All the fills I have been using are in the standard library.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The bitmap fills are a vestige of the days of slow computers when vector fills could take forever to redraw/rebuild. They have never (IMHO) been acceptable for output and I recommend using strictly vector fills in all cases. The only exception is if you make extensive use of symbol fills. A few hundred square meters of broken stone flooring or terraces can really slow down the 2D redraw times. This can be fixed by making a view options setting in ArchiCAD for working on those drawings. All options for output should always be set to vector in both AC & PM.
Djordje
Ace
Flamer wrote:
I found the display options in PM. It offers Vectorial or bitmap fills for display and output!
It also offers Empty, Solid and Keep original settings - and the last one is which you should choose (and which is on by default) as your views are (I hope) set as you want them in ArchiCAD.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!