Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Library pieces not loading.

JessicaBoll08
Participant

I recently had to reinstall Archicad 26 and now one of my drawings will not show the window or doors.  I have reload the libraries, migrated the libraries.  It looks like there are objects that are missing have a (1) after them, and I have no idea how to fix it.  I cannot even open the missing object to change them to something else.

Screenshot.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nick Cornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Jessica,

From the list of Missing objects I can see those come from the USA Library. One thing that can happen is one might install an alternate "Language Version" of Archicad on their computer. And in this case the "Archicad Library 26" folder name is identical, so the program doesn't complain. However, the contents of that folder are quite different for different language versions, and this would cause items go missing. 

To determine the language version of Archicad you have installed on your computer:

1. Please launch Archicad 26

2. Start a New project from the default template just so you can access the interface.

3. Next, go to Help > License Information and see if the language version is “English (United States)”.

If you are seeing “English (International)”,  "English (Sweden)" or some other language version, then you will need to uninstall the current version of Archicad and download and install the correct Language version for your region here: https://Graphisoft.com/downloads/Archicad/install/AC26/USA/ 

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Something is weird because the Library Manager is reporting Library Parts are missing from a Library called ‘Archicad 25’ but all the objects seem to be 26 parts. Has someone customised the library?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

No, the library is not custom.  I am not sure what happened.

The Library Parts all have unique ID numbers unless they are really old so even if they’ve been moved to a custom library Archicad should still recognise them. This has got me stumped. Hopefully someone can help. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

You could try removing all of the Libraries, add them again and hit reload and apply if you haven’t already. It may just be a funny glitch. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Didn't work....

Sorry, I can’t think what it can be. Hopefully @Barry Kelly or @Karl Ottenstein might be able to help?

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Solution
Nick Cornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Jessica,

From the list of Missing objects I can see those come from the USA Library. One thing that can happen is one might install an alternate "Language Version" of Archicad on their computer. And in this case the "Archicad Library 26" folder name is identical, so the program doesn't complain. However, the contents of that folder are quite different for different language versions, and this would cause items go missing. 

To determine the language version of Archicad you have installed on your computer:

1. Please launch Archicad 26

2. Start a New project from the default template just so you can access the interface.

3. Next, go to Help > License Information and see if the language version is “English (United States)”.

If you are seeing “English (International)”,  "English (Sweden)" or some other language version, then you will need to uninstall the current version of Archicad and download and install the correct Language version for your region here: https://Graphisoft.com/downloads/Archicad/install/AC26/USA/ 

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Okay, I do have the international version installed.  But the link to the USA version is not working.  I am only able to find the download for the international version.

https://Graphisoft.com/us/solutions/Archicad/Archicad-26#download

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)