BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

MEP Labeling

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

One quick question. Its is possible to label MEP elements on Archicad or not?

If yes, HOW??

Thank you

Regards
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
natmax:

Yes, same as other elements: select the MEP parts, then check the "Label Elements" in the Listing and Labeling panel (or the ID pane of the Info Box). Make sure the labels are on a visible layer to see them. Fore more information see: Placing Associative Labels.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply, but i miss place my question.
Yes i can activate and show the labels, but there is no label to show useful information for MEP elements, like real dimensions of the element, bottom or to elevation etc etc.

For example if i use the dimension label, it will always show 1.00x1.00x1.00 no matter the element section.

Hope now you can understand my question.

Thank you

regards

Max
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Max:

The MEP objects don't use the basic A, B, ZZYXZ parameters, so the Dimension Label cannot pick up the correct dimensions. See this thread for a different label that can do that: Labeling MEP Objects.

Thanks for adding the signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the information.

Goto buy "Labeleverything".

Regards

Max
Learn and get certified!