BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Open Doors in 3-D view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to show doors as open in the 3-D view? I think I read a post on this subject a while ago, but I can't find it.

Thanks!
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
Most doors have a parameter for this but it will vary from one library part to the next. You will have to look in the settings dialog to see.
Anonymous
Not applicable
how to set the door open during the rendering?
When the camera get close to the door it open, and when camera move away it will close by itself.
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
I know it's possible to script it in GDL. Sorry but I don't know how it's done I've only seen it and it's really effect full.
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
ashley wrote:
When the camera get close to the door it open, and when camera move away it will close by itself.
I think Niel McCann's D3 Library (AKA Real Doors) can do this. The feature has to be written into the library part. It also requires that the model is rebuilt for each frame of the fly-through.
create fly through.jpg
Djordje
Ace
Matthew wrote:
ashley wrote:
I think Niel McCann's D3 Library (AKA Real Doors) can do this. The feature has to be written into the library part. It also requires that the model is rebuilt for each frame of the fly-through.
... and it also requires to render in ArchiCAD, which IMHO at the moment is only feasible with AV Works or sketch rendering. But, leave it running through a long vacation ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Matthew wrote:
ashley wrote:
... and it also requires to render in ArchiCAD, which IMHO at the moment is only feasible with AV Works or sketch rendering. But, leave it running through a long vacation ...
If you want to go outside of ArchiCAD and animate stuff (as I've said elsewhere) Cinema 4D will do anything you want. You can open the doors as you approach, or make them evaporate, or they can cringe, scream and run away from you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually I did fly-through twice, but the door won't automatically open. That's why I wonder What I need to do to make door open auto. I have same setting as you show in this forma.

I did hear people told me that I need to write a code to make it happen, but I don't know anything of code. That's why I was wondering if there is any way that I can make it happen without writing a code 😛
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In ArchiCAD, you need to use the GLOB_FRAME_NR Global GDL variable in association with the gs_open_3D parameter of your Door.

Insert the following script at the beginning of your Master Script:

IF GLOB_FRAME_NR>=5 AND GLOB_FRAME_NR<=12 THEN
gs_open_3D=(GLOB_FRAME_NR-5)*(90/(12-5))
ENDIF
IF GLOB_FRAME_NR>12 THEN
gs_open_3D=90
ENDIF
IF GLOB_FRAME_NR>20 THEN
gs_open_3D=0
ENDIF

Explanation: GLOB_FRAME_NR returns the current frame of the animation. The above example will, between frames 5 and 12, open the Door from 0 degrees to 90 degrees in opening angle. If the frame number is above 12, then it will stay open at 90 degrees for a while. Then at frame 20, it will close again (gs_open_3D=0).
Of course you may create new parameters for starting frame of door opening and ending frame of door opening, with which you can control for each placement at which frame the door should open and close.
The opening angle may be between 0 and 180 degrees.
Of course the Rebuild Model for each Frame checkbox must be checked in the Create Fly-Through Dialog.

Hope this helps and is not too complicated
Laszlo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much. I'll try this code tonigh. Do you might I ask more question if I fale on useing the code?
Learn and get certified!