BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotting scales - need some help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I'm new here, I have some issues printing out the plan. Basically I saved the file in a dwg format so that my colleague can print it, and I needed 1:50, altho I was able to fit it on 1:167 if I remember right. What am I missing?

ps. When I started the plan I didn't select the scale that I wanted to work on, it was by default 1:100. Can anyone help me out?
8 REPLIES 8
Erika Epstein
Booster
In the floor plan window set the scale to what you want when printed. Save a new view, or redefine the view with this scale.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
ratnabhirud
Contributor
Hello,

Did you checked DWG/DXF Translator settings?
You have to set proper drawing units for DWG export.
Check it in DWG translator setting box.

Probably this will help you.

Regards,

Ratna
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Ram - 16.0 GB
System - Windows 10 Ultimate, 64 bit

NVEDIA GForce 8400GS

Archicad 9..., 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
To add a little more detail to Erika's post:
Click where it says 1:100 at the bottom of the Plan view window, a dialogue will appear, change to 1:50.
Save the view in the View Map, or if you have an existing view go to it's settings and click on the "Get current window's settings" button.
Place this view (from the View Map) on a Layout (which you should have a Title block Master assigned to, if you want a title).
Print.

Rinse and repeat.
Erika Epstein
Booster
s2art wrote:
Rinse and repeat.
Dang, I knew forgot something
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ffs. :< I still can't get it to recognize it in Autocad as 1:50 =\. I'm really out of ideas. The bad thing is that I have to carry it on a stick to my colleagues plotter which has only Autocad installed. Any other step by step ideas (it took me a bit to figure out where's what). Thanks in advance.
Erika Epstein
Booster
In the translator, try saving it back to an earlier version of Autocad.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the translator settings under 'Save options', you should also make sure you are saving the layout into "Paper Space with Cropped View's content".

This will create a layout that will be identical in size, and a viewport identical in scale to that in ArchiCAD.
bikerutzu wrote:
Basically I saved the file in a dwg format so that my colleague can print it...

Also, if the only purpose for sending the dwg file to your colleague is to print your drawing, then consider using a PDF file instead. This will be a lot simpler to deal with and prints exactly the same as it is displayed in ArchiCAD on any machine. There are too many variables when saving to dwg that can affect how it prints!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
There are too many variables when saving to dwg that can affect how it prints!
... such as your Autocad units in the translator. Don't know how it works in feet and inches, but you get different results if you use 1 unit = 1mm than if you use 1 unit = 1 metre.

So maybe you have the autocad units set to feet instead of inches or something like that.
Learn and get certified!