Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Visual scale object for Master layouts

maurotrotta
Enthusiast

It would be great to have an object that can be placed in a Master layout that give a visual scale bar of the drawing placed in the layout. There is an object that gives the visual scale of the drawing view that have to be placed in the drawing itself, but is of no use if you want to create a Master layout that different people can use and that adapt to the scale of different layouts.

5 REPLIES 5
Yves
Advocate

Hi,
In some Archicad versions there is a placed drawing title that allows you to do this.
On the French version it doesn't exist I had to make it myself

Capture d’écran 2024-02-20.png

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13

This option you mentioned could be usefull for me but in my Archicad version (INT), I only have a few options and none of them are graphical scales. How did you do this by yourself?

maurotrotta_0-1718978288341.png

Karl Ottenstein

A visual scale on the Master Layout doesn't really make sense... vs a visual scale per-drawing via a drawing title as is done with the USA library drawing title object.  I don't know what other country-specific versions include this option.

But a scale on the Master would not be able to reflect the scale of any placed drawings.... and thus would be inaccurate. The drawing title scale reads the actual scale of the placed drawing and is guaranteed to reflect what is shown.

It would be good if this graphic scale was included as an option globally, not just for USA (and whatever other countries already have it).  The Road Map suggests that "coming soon" will be universal libraries... so hopefully that includes title objects and this wish will be granted for you as part of that effort.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

I agree that a visual scale in the Master Layout would not make sense, especially if there are more than one drawing place in the layout, each one with different scales. But in the case that there is only 1 drawing per layout, using the visual scale of the title doesn´t allowed to place the visual scale in a specific place in the layout, like inside the layout title-block. I could imagine an autotext with the format of a graphic scale could solve this issue, and it could be place wherever inside the layout title block.

jiratm
Contributor

It would have been nice if it was part of the library.But it's not hard to program in GDL. I see this as an opportunity for 3rd party developers. 😄

I have such an element available for the Czech environment.

http://www.jirat.com/gdl-prvky-vykresu.html#titulek