BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

SEO Interfering with Graphic Override?

Chris Grantham
Advocate
I am attempting to simplify some smaller scale sections by just showing all the cut structure with a simple poche. Unfortunately when I attempt to do this some elements that are acting as operators lose some linework. I can't seem to get to the bottom of it, so I have resigned to just show the structure as solid black. I did verify layer priorities as well but that does nothing. See attached images illustrating what I mean. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
17 REPLIES 17
Hello y Chris Grantham,

Did you try to put your wall in front and your mesh behind ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Chris Grantham
Advocate
I did try that initially. It does not help. Thanks!
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Anonymous
Not applicable
Long shot here: Check the SEO operation if you set "Use attributes from the operator" or something like this.
Hope that helps.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing the issue!

From the description and pictures, I'm wondering if you have turned on "Show Skin Separators"? As you can see in the attached pictures below, once I have it turned on, the line around the wall and beam will be visible.

Let me know if this helps with the issue!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Chris Grantham
Advocate
Well that helps but it presents a whole new set of issues with my composite walls. I was hoping to just show a simple grey poche so smaller scale sections read clearly. When I select show skin separators I end up complicating the drawing more than is needed.
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try the following: On the original section view you are having the issue > Deactivate groups > select only the elements involved in the operation > Copy these elements to a zone far from the original ones > Do the SEO operations again and check if the issue persist.
Hope that helps.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Use a GO to override all of your walls in section to a solid colour?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Chris Grantham
Advocate
The issue persists... not sure what the heck is going on!
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Chris,

It turned out that this is a limitation with how we present lines of adjacent element in sections. We keep only the thicker or continuous line when 2 lines are above each other in section. Due to graphic override, the line of the thicker element (which is the wall in this case) is delete. Show skin separator would make the line visible again, but so do all the skin lines, which is not favorable here.

Because of this, I suggest a work around for this situation:
- Set the cut line of the wall in the Wall selection settings with a pen thinner than the Mesh's cut line pen
- Use Graphic override and make sure that the Wall's line pen is overridden with a thick pen

Although this will make the mesh cut line thicker, this will ensure that the separator line is not deleted by GO rule.

I hope this will help you with the issue. Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!