Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3D Document from 3D creates wired walls and faulty view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I use ArchiCAd 19 (I am a beginner) and something weird is going on last days.

The problem is that from one day on the ArchiCAD began creating a wrong 3D document form 3D, it creates wired walls instead of usual one (before you asks me: I’ve checked my layer settings and its sets to normal view, as by default). Moreover, if I safe this view and later put it on my drawing layout sheet it has no dimensions, but only the massive title sits on drawing sheet!

What did I press or ticked wrong? I have no clue. I would appreciate any help in this issue.

Please, check up my attached pictures.
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Laszlo , for your advice! Yes, I copied everything to my new instance ()with previous settings) and it created me the same corrupted document... So, I think, It hase to be new setting shoosen to solve my problem.

Also, copied layers in such way to my new instance I lose all me previously created view and drawings... (( Is any way to copy views and drawings? )
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
1. With your Project open, use the File > New > New command, and use the "Latest Project Settings" option, plus check the "Launch a new instance of Archicad" checkbox.
2. Now that you have both instance of Archicad and both are using the same project settings such as attributes, etc., you can go to your project, make all Layers visible, unlock all Layers and all elements, then select all elements and press CTRL+C.
3. Go to your new, empty project, and press CTL+V to paste all elements into it. It will also paste Sections, Elevations, etc.
I know its not the solution for the issue. But I would just add in 2 to make sure your groups are On. In case you have any modules on your project. (Just for the record)
Anonymous
Not applicable
unfortunately, I don't know what "modules" means in ArchiCAD... ))
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much indeed! Good luck with your work!