Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3D Document from 3D creates wired walls and faulty view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I use ArchiCAd 19 (I am a beginner) and something weird is going on last days.

The problem is that from one day on the ArchiCAD began creating a wrong 3D document form 3D, it creates wired walls instead of usual one (before you asks me: I’ve checked my layer settings and its sets to normal view, as by default). Moreover, if I safe this view and later put it on my drawing layout sheet it has no dimensions, but only the massive title sits on drawing sheet!

What did I press or ticked wrong? I have no clue. I would appreciate any help in this issue.

Please, check up my attached pictures.
24 REPLIES 24
DGSketcher
Legend
These display issues can be really frustrating even for the advanced users that are trying to help you.

A few of other things...

Can you confirm you aren't using modules? This brings a whole new level of complexity to the problem

Can you provide a screen shot of your Model View Option (MVO) settings as I note the doors & windows are hidden in the wire model.

Have you checked your Partial Structure Display (PSD) settings is showing the entire model and also check the status of your materials used in the walls? It may be you haven't got a core material in the wall and so everything is hidden if you are displaying the core only.

I assume you appreciate that you need to configure and save the view settings for the 3D document, AC doesn't always translate all settings from the 3D view to the 3D Document as expected.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked 3d Document Settings?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Alex,

Could you save just this problematic portion of your project, save it as a PLA file and put it on cloud storage, so we can look at it?
I am personally out of ideas. I would have to see the file.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
Have you checked 3d Document Settings?

Screen01.jpg
Thank you for your trial, but No... Ticking this check box doesn' t make any changes. I have two 3D documents I've saved previously and they look Ok, but they have been created without ticking "hidden line" (have a look at the attached image).
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could try an "Open and Repair" your file to correct any corruption.
But I think it is definitely related with the Hidden Lines checkbox.
Check all your related saved viewmaps if this option is saved.
Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
You could try an "Open and Repair" your file to correct any corruption.
But I think it is definitely related with the Hidden Lines checkbox.
Check all your related saved viewmaps if this option is saved.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for your trial indeed.. but No... I already did "Open and Repair" and it did say that my "File is healthy"... I did compare results with HIDDEN LINES ticked and unticked, - there is no difference... ((
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would try to replicate the issue... Create a new 3d document view in other part of your project and check if the issue persist. If not, try to delete and recreate the problematic 3d document view.
And may the force be with you.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Alex,

I looked at the file you sent me through PM.
There are several issues in this file.

First, for your info: the 3D Document Viewpoint uses the 3D Vectorial Engine, so you will get the same result if you go to 3D and use the Vectorial Engine.

There seems to be a problem with the file itself, it looks like it is corrupted somehow. If you start a new project based on the latest project settings, then copy-paste all your elements into that new project, then both the 3D Vectorial Engine display and the 3D Document display will mostly become correct.

Also, I see that there are Existing and New elements, and in several places, the geometry of Existing and New elements overlap in 3D (for example, the Walls at the Windows). You should model more cleanly and avoid these situations.

Additionally, I see you are modeling almost everything with Walls. If elements are overhead, you should use the Beam Tool instead of the Wall tool.

Also, I can see that the "Layer Intersection Group" Number of many of your Layers is zero. Walls on these Layers will not intersect with any other Walls, leaving unnecessary lines in 3D. You should set them to "1" or some other number, so they intersect properly and do not leave those unnecessary lines in 3D.
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
Alex,

I looked at the file you sent me through PM.
There are several issues in this file.

First, for your info: the 3D Document Viewpoint uses the 3D Vectorial Engine, so you will get the same result if you go to 3D and use the Vectorial Engine.

There seems to be a problem with the file itself, it looks like it is corrupted somehow. If you start a new project based on the latest project settings, then copy-paste all your elements into that new project, then both the 3D Vectorial Engine display and the 3D Document display will mostly become correct.

Also, I see that there are Existing and New elements, and in several places, the geometry of Existing and New elements overlap in 3D (for example, the Walls at the Windows). You should model more cleanly and avoid these situations.

Additionally, I see you are modeling almost everything with Walls. If elements are overhead, you should use the Beam Tool instead of the Wall tool.

Also, I can see that the "Layer Intersection Group" Number of many of your Layers is zero. Walls on these Layers will not intersect with any other Walls, leaving unnecessary lines in 3D. You should set them to "1" or some other number, so they intersect properly and do not leave those unnecessary lines in 3D.

Thank you very much for your attention to my problem!

May I ask you how did you find out that my 3D document uses Vectorial Engine whereas I tried to find it out it always showed me that OpenGL engine is used (I showed it on my screenshoots)?!

I will have to find out how to copy from one project to another...

Also, thanks a lot for your suggestions! I highly appreciate it, indeed!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have been using Archicad for 25 years, so I have some knowledge of it.
All Viewpoints that display generated 3D geometry use the Vectorial Engine. Additionally, the 3D Viewpoint can display geometry using the OpenGL Engine as well, but that is the only Viewpoint capable of doing that.
So, if you use the Vectorial Engine in 3D, you will get the same graphics you would see in the 3D Document Viewpoint.

Copying from one Project to another:

1. With your Project open, use the File > New > New command, and use the "Latest Project Settings" option, plus check the "Launch a new instance of Archicad" checkbox.
2. Now that you have both instance of Archicad and both are using the same project settings such as attributes, etc., you can go to your project, make all Layers visible, unlock all Layers and all elements, then select all elements and press CTRL+C.
3. Go to your new, empty project, and press CTL+V to paste all elements into it. It will also paste Sections, Elevations, etc.

Please note that if you have drawn elements in any of your Sections, Elevations, Worksheets, etc. these will not be copied. You will have to go into the one by one and do the same Copy-Paster routine.