cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC10 - Creating PDF; Margins & Fit to Page

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using Publisher to Save D-size 24"x36" drawings. I would like to hope that the PDF's are accurate in Size. Reason I ask is when I choose to print to PDF using the Amyuni PDF Converter the fit to page is 99% when choosing Margin option "Use Print Margins". If Margin Options are set to "Use Layout Margins" the fit to page is 100%. I know it is only 1%, but which of the PDF is true to scale? And also when Publishing what margin option is being used?

The Master layouts that I am using have their Size set by "Import settings from Printer" and I am selecting the OCE 9400 Print Driver with size "OCE D + 24x36in".

Thanks in advanced for any help.

PDF fit to page.JPG
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Matthew wrote:
s2art wrote:
Its crazy that "Fit to page" is the default, and 100% is considered a "custom" scale. Where's the sense in that?
It's for all the people printing web pages and stuff where they don't care if it's a little smaller but really don't want it lopped off.
Is that more common than people printing drawings for contractors or clients? I just think 100% should be the default. I still get caught out occasionally (if I'm in a hurry) printing at 105% because that's what the "fit to page" scale is for our A3 printer.
I was talking about PDF viewers, which are predominantly used by people who rarely or never care about scale.

In ArchiCAD I use Publisher to ensure that I get the results I want all the time. Usually when I am printing to a smaller device I do want a reduced set rather than tiled pages. It does seem strange that it will default to enlarging by a few percent when the paper is too big.

This was actually working better as I recall in PlotMaker 9 (or maybe even PM3). It would at least remember the last setting from session to session.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I was talking about PDF viewers, which are predominantly used by people who rarely or never care about scale.
Ah, o.k. Slight crossing of wires....