Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ArchiCAD 22 - copy and paste within text boxes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I am having an issue where i am trying to copy partial text within a text box and paste it into another text box. It looks like the text doesn't even copy to the clipboard when I select "copy" and hence when I paste there is nothing! My colleague has the same problem. We are using ArchiCAD 22. If we copy and paste text from elsewhere, such as Notepad, it seems to work fine. It only happens when trying to copy from text box to text box within ArchiCAD. Is this a bug? Has anyone else had this issue?
Thanks
57 REPLIES 57
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
A random thought, but using "Western" encoding for the font and system language is similar? Could be a unicode issue?
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

The same happens to me in text boxes and labels. It is VERY ANNOYING. If I want to copy text within tex box or between different text boxes I have to do it via Word. The issue started in AC24. I have recent update, freshly installed Win10.

As a side note - Archicad's text editor is a decade behind the program itself and very awkward to use - there have been no improvements for ages!

Hi Pawel,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the experience!

In Windows 10, there is a handy feature called Clipboard history. By pressing Windows key + V, a small dialog will open to let you see the history of copied clipboards.

I would like to use this feature for investigation: when you press Ctrl + C (or right-click > Copy), does the text appear in this clipboard history? We need to know at what point the process fails: at copying the text or at pasting the text.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hi,

Has this issue ever been resolved as I have it in AC25.

Can copy everything but cannot copy txt from one txt box to another.

I've done the win+v but it shows nothing when I try copy from txt box.

Can happily copy txt from a word doc or any other to the txt box thou.

Really appreciate it

Hank

on that, interestingly thou if I just select the txt box and copy then open another txt box i can copy all that info into the new txt box. Or maybe I just never realized I could do that.

I am not having any trouble copying part of text within a text box or to a new one - Archicad 25 AUS on Windows 10.

The Windows key +V clipboard history trick I think only works with the latest updates for windows 10.

My laptop does it but my PC which is not up to date does not.

What Archicad language version are you using?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

English (Australian)

TX

When you say English (Australian) you mean the AUS version of Archicad.

BarryKelly_0-1633489626429.png

I don't have the latest build (3011) but I don't think that will make a difference.

So if you are running exactly the same Archicad as me, I don't know why I can copy & paste and you can't.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry,

Yes the Australian version here.

We have two licenses in the office and when we load the same AC files on the other pc it works fine.

Bit of an enigma.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report! That's interesting!

I assume the issue only happen inside Archicad? If you copy a piece of text from Archicad to another software, does it work? What happens if you open Edit menu > Copy, does it work this way inside Archicad?

Since the problem seems to be machine-specific, I'm wondering if there might be any other software that could block/alter Ctrl+C hotkey?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT