Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Controlling depth of Section View.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Controlling depth of Section View.

I have created a section through my house and i want my section view to only shot about 300mm in.

How can I do that ?
Thanks.
Ian
8 REPLIES 8
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Don't know if your help is in German, but it sounds to me like maybe you should reference http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac14/OnlineHelp/ for quicker answers to basic questions.

Good luck!
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
In your section settings you can choose either infinite range, limited range or zero range.
If you choose limited you can adjust the range limit on the plan.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi Erwin.
the complete system and help files are all in german.
so sometimes I pop up with a stupid question, but im a total starter with archicad and maybe other starters can use these treads.

Thanks a lot for the help.
Ian
Anonymous
Not applicable
when i am attacking the idiot wall.
aslo when i am looking at my plans, GROUND LEVEL.
I can see elements from the next upper level on the same view.

Where can i change the view height of my plan views ?

Thanks.
Ian
Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as sections, select the marker you want to limit it's range and look at the info box and you will see one option that has three offset lines. One with dotted lines extending off, one with dotted lines that are connected by another dotted line, and and offset line by itself. The middle offset line, the one with connected dotted lines, is the limited view choice and the one you want. Once you select that, you should see a colored reference line in your 2D model view that's parallel to the section marker. You can adjust that line to control you view distance in the section.

Then look in the navigator under project map you will see your stories for the project. You can right click on that and select story settings to control your story height. Then you need to be careful of the base distance you set any object you are placing so there are being placed at the right height above project zero. This should prevent a lot of "bleeding" between stories if you're just primarily doing 2D. But you can also refine this by again going to the info box and you will see two boxes, "Show on Stories" and "Home Story". Between these two options you can further refine the 2D display.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you.

the first section worked perfect for me.

But with the plans, when i play with the level settings, my model just crushed up like a old chocolate bar.....

can some one help me understand, how i can ON PLAN, make it so i see only items from level 0 up 500mm.

Thanks.
Ian
levels.jpg
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I wasn't trying to criticise asking a questing, just thought I'd help you to a link to the english help file as I can imagine that waiting for forum responses takes longer for simple issues that are covered in the help.

There are also some tutorials that you may find useful for a quick reference if you are trying to achieve something similar as covered in the tutorials: http://www.graphisoft.com/education/training_guides/

The story view range is controlled by Floorplan Cutplane Settings dialog window. Should be found under Document > Floor Plan Cutplane.

Do note that these settings are associated with saved views, so if you wish to change it on layouts, you need to redefine your view with the desired settings.

Besides these settings, most tools also have the option to project with or without overhead lines or to just show the cut element, outlines or overhead lines. Roofs and objects generally offer the most control over which stories items show up on.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erika Epstein
Booster
check that the marker range line(s) denoting depth of field and marked distant line, latter when applies.

View>on screen view options> Marker range (so you will see the line of denoting depth of field.

Select the marker an adjust the depth line of the marker. You can do this by clicking on the node in the middle of this line, or placing your cursor along this line so the cursor shape is now a mercedes. The mercedes denotes the edge of a plane, similar to the edge of wall.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"